Friday, July 20, 2007

Thanks Amanda!

Now you can leave comments without the need to have a gmail or blogger account, thanks to Amanda :) Mucho thanks babes.

Now as mentioned earlier, I was wondering how much to set the ticket price. I think RM60, 80, 100 and 120 will be good for starters and then we can do a poll on it. I know I know, the cheaper the better right? Money don't grow on trees right? Well I know... but it's Norah Jones! I think... I'm willing to pay 80. But maximum would probably be 120. What are you willing to pay?

And come on guys, I'd love some feedback on who you'd like to see as the opening act. By the way, have you guys heard of Mei Chern before? She's really good. I'd love to see her sing.

By the way, we discovered that we need someone to take care of promoting this website online and also all the technical glitches (cause as you can see (or read), I'm really quite an idiot in this), so Amanda is going to take care of that. Mucho mucho thanks again babes. While I'll be... doing up the framework on how to get this thing going and coordinate... stuff. He he he. I was thinking last night that maybe we could advertise this at the record store. If we could do placards that say 'Bring Norah Jones to Malaysia!' with the blogspot url then we can beg record stores to put them at their counter. That way, music lovers will be able to see it! Hmm... anyone wants to take that up? Doing the placards? Otherwise, it'll be yours truly here...

-porkchop-

3 comments:

w y n i e ^ said...

I don't mind doing the placards. I think it is a good idea.
Sue, maybe we should talk to records companies to help out too. Norah is attached to Blue Note Records but I don't think there's a branch here in Malaysia. Know anyone working in BMG or EMI to start with?

iwannaeatporkchoptonight said...

Cool! Thanks! Tell me what you plan to do and I don't mind helping out.

I was thinking of starting with some of the record stores say like Rock House/or something. I don't know anyone from EMI. Yet. But any ideas what you want them to do?

w y n i e ^ said...

Hmmm...probably can talk to them about the opportunity of sponsoring the event. Get them as main sponsor and then we can promote the event using their name. I think that will carry more credibility than us going at it alone.

But then maybe not EMI or BMG cos Norah's not under them. Think HMV, Rock House, TowerRecords...etc.